In Catfish, an admin user can add customers manually, this is often used by storefront admins who are limiting the site to specific people or need to add in colleagues from your company.
To add a new customer to your storefront, please follow the steps below:
1. On the catfish administration page, navigate to Customers > Customers Customer Management.
The Customers page is displayed. Click on Add new.
2. The Add new customer page is displayed.
3. Enter the following details:
Helps you add basic customer information.
- Email - Enter the email of the customer. The email id will also be the username for the customer.
- Password - Enter a password.
- Gender - Select the gender.
- Title - Choices are Dr, Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms
- First/Last name - Enter the first/last name.
- Date of Birth
- Company name - Enter the company name.
- Address - First Line of the address
- Address Line 2 - Second line of the address
- Town - Enter the town name.
- Country - dropdown list of all available countries
- County/Region/State - the geographical boundary
- Postcode - Enter the postal code.
- Admin comment - Add a comment for this customer for the admin to view. While printing, the admin would see this comment.
- Is tax exempt - Select this option if you want to make the customer exempted from Tax.
- Active - Select this option if the customer is active.
- Show inactive items in basket - this allows products that are no longer active to be shown in the basket
- Choose the customer role that you want to assign to the customer. Each customer role has added rights and benefits. Here is a list of all the default customer roles.
If the customer role is not listed, you can create a new customer role. See How to add a new Customer Role.
- For Print Location, if this user has the PrintLocationDownloader Role, select the Print Location that the user will be assigned to. There can only be one Print Location assigned to the user.
4. Click Save.
The customer will now be added into the customer management menu.