In this tutorial, you will be able to understand how a simple dynamic product can be created on Catfish Platform.
A Dynamic Product consists of 3 important elements:
1. Canvas: This is also known as art-board. Example: A4 Portrait. To create a Canvas, click "Creating Canvas"
2. Stock: This is also known as the Paper Option. Example: White 150gsm. To create a Stock, click "Creating Stock"
3. Output Type: How the final PDF needs to be outputted. Example: Hardback, Softback. To create Output Type, click "How to create an Output Type".
Storefront Administrators are required to create these elements either before creating a dynamic product or after. The following tutorial would assume that you haven't created any of these options and the outcome would be a dynamic A4 Portrait.
First, you need to create a place-holder product for your Dynamic Product, please follow "Adding a Product to Catfish" article to understand the process.
Once the product is created, Navigate to Catfish -> Infigo Variable Data -> Dynamic Products.
To create a new Dynamic Product, locate "Add New" and click.
From the Product Variant drop-down, select the product you wish to use as a dynamic product and click Create a new Dynamic Product.
Depending on the type of Dynamic product you are trying build On Catfish, it's essential to define the following options before saving your dynamic product.
1. Minimum Number of Pages: Number of open pages/canvases displayed on browser
2. Maximum Number of Pages: If the value entered in this area is greater than "Minimum Number of Pages" value, you will allow your customer to add additional pages/canvases to the product
3. Use Booklayout: If the product is not a book or brochure, ensure this option is not ticked.
Once the basic setup is completed, simply click Save to return back to Manage Dynamic Products and start creating Canvas, Stock and Output Type if needed.