In order to use the Google Tag Manager you need to ensure you follow these steps:
- Create a Google Tag Manager account
- If required, you can download and import the example container json attached. Just amend the account Id to your own account ID before importing (gtm.json) this will create 4 tags for you
Affiliate Window Tag
TagServe HTML Tag
- Navigate to Admin (In your Google Tag Manager account) then Import Container - here you can choose to overwrite which will amend all the account and container IDs with your own.
- Now when you navigate to your Tags under the Container section you should see you newly created tags.
- You will now need to go into each and ensure that the IDs used are correct for your account with each. At this point you can also delete any that you do not require.
- Along with the created user-defined variables you can create your owns, depends on the Affiliate Tag:
- User-defined variables are set in Catfish and are mapped to:
OrderId: Catfish Order Id
TotalExVatAndShipping: Catfish Order Total
OrderLineItems: A list of catfish order line items based on Quantity and Unit Price Including Tax
CheckSum: Checksum Value based on Catfish Order Id and Catfish Order Total
TduId: TradeDoubler unique ID from cookie (specifi per customer)
- You can also configure the trigger when the tag will be triggered:
- Now in Catfish you need to navigate to Configuration > Settings > General and Miscellaneous Settings > Affiliate Tracking Tag Settings
- Check the 'Google Tag Manager Enabled' setting
- Enter your Container ID in the 'Google Tag Manager ID' field. (This should look something like - GTM-XXXXXX)