Catfish allows order approval in two ways
- Customer submits an order as normal, and approval takes place between submission and order arriving in print operations (Type 1)
- Customer creates variable print, submits it for approval and the approval process skips delivery and billing details (Type 2)
Registered Customer and Approver must be in the same Department.
Up to 3 Approvers can be linked to each Department.
Approval can be Storefront wide or against specific products.
Creating a Department
Login to the Storefront as an Administrator.
Choose Catfish -> Other -> Departments
Click the + to add a new Department
Give the department a Name, Description, Cost Code, PL code. The most important thing here is Department Name.
Save your Department.
Setting up Approval
Create Registered Users and Approvers, and assign them to the same department.
Choose Admin -> Customers -> Customer
Nominate from your list of registered users who is to become an Approver
Click Edit. Choose Customers Roles tab and check the box Approver in the list
Click Save and continue.
Assigning Customers to the Department
Select the Department and Customer Relationships tab at the top of the Customer Details screen.
Select the Department from the list.
Save the changes.
You have two options at this point. Is the user:
- The Approver? If so, from the Relationship dropdown (also in the department tab) choose Approver
- The Registered User? Leave the Department and Customer Relationship screen.
You should now have at least one Department setup, at least one Registered Customer (orderer) and at least one Approver.
To setup the relationship between a registered user and approver, you need to assign an approver to the registered user. First navigate to Customers -> Customers, click Edit on the customer who needs to get approved by the approver and navigate to Department and Customer Relationship, from the dropdown, select the department and from the second dropdown choose Approver, once the users are loaded, make sure to check the approver against the user.
Switching on the Workflow
Choose Catfish -> Settings -> Approval Workflow Settings from the Admin area.
Your options are:
WorkflowEnabled: Switches ON the Approval process.
PerProductApprovalSettingEnabled: Enforces Approval against assigned products only.
RedirectToCurrentWorkPage: Changes the standard checkout flow to ignore full checkout (See Type 2 above)
ShowWorkflowLinksInQuickAccessBar: Allows navigational access to the Approval / Work In Progress (depending on Customer Role)
ShowWorkflowLinksInQuickAccessBarWithCurrentCount: Identifies number of jobs awaiting Approval / In Progress
HideWorkflowLinksInQuickAddressBarWhenZero: Hides access links when no jobs require Approval
RestrictTemplatesBasedOnACL: Allows granular control over what templates are accessible with what Customer Role. (Ignore this setting for standard Approval)
EmailApproverWithNewApprovalItems: Switches on the Email for approval
EmailApproverInstantly: Sends InstantApproverEmail template to all Approvers as soon as a job requires Approval. Without ticking this, the service is sent once a day.
WatermarkText: What watermark should be populated when an Approver downloads items for assessment
RestrictWatermarkOpen: Applies open restriction to the Watermarked item
WatermarkOpenPassword: enter the Password to open the Watermarked document
StoreURL: Enter the full URL of the Storefront. IE www.Catfish.Platform.com/Storefront
Applying Approval Requirement to Products
If you have switched on PerProductApprovalSettingEnabled in the settings list above, you will notice a new option within your Product pages.
The Require Approval box (bottom of the page) allows you to specify exactly what products are monitored by the Approval Workflow
Approval process as a Registered User
When a registered user checks out a product that has Approval required they are notified
At the basket
and at the Order Confirmation screen
Users can see jobs which have been submitted for Approval in the Work In Progress link at the top of their screen. Clicking the link takes the user to a Grid view where they can see the status of their job(s) up until it has been Approved.
If the job has been Rejected, the Registered User will see the most recent reason why it was rejected.
Clicking the Job within the Grid expands the items and provides the user with more information.
Approval process as an Approver
As an Approver you will be notified either instantly when a job has been processed for Approval, or once a day. Depending on the settings aobve.
When you are logged into the site, you will see an Approval link in the top right corner, listing the number of jobs requiring your attention.
Clicking the Approval link takes an Approver to the Approvals grid.
The Approvals grid shows all work in the department that requires Approval.
The Quick buttons allow the Approver to Download, Edit, Approve or Reject. Alternatively the Approver can click the Job within the grid to expand and see more details.
Rejecting or Approving a job allows the Approver to give an optional message or reason as to why they have made that decision.
Editing the job allows the Approver to make slight changes to the product without rejecting or approving it.
- Department - Have you configured a department for your Approval Workflow?
- Approval Workflow Settings - Have you enabled all of the settings you wish to use (including the boxes checked in the screenshot in the 'Switching on the Workflow' section)?
- Message Templates - Approval Workflow has its own set of Message Templates you will need to activate, see Content Management > Message Templates for a full list of editable templates
- Customer Role - Have you assigned the 'Approver' customer role to the target user?
- Customer Relationships - Using the 'Department and Customer Relationships' tab on 'Registered' user profiles you can assign the customer to Approvers on an individual basis or by checking all available boxes
- Product - Do you want approval on a per-product basis? If so use the 'Applying Approval Requirement to Products' section above for instruction