As a sister article to that of the EasyPost configuration (accessible here), this article aims to cover the set-up and testing of the Catfish EasyPost plugin.
Pre-requisites: You must ensure that products have defined dimensions (height/length/width/weight) under the product variant as EasyPost consequently reads these values and converts these into ounces (the measurement used by EasyPost itself).
However, if products are within a Product Group, the group itself requires the necessary dimensions to be defined.
Additionally, you will need to contact the support team so that the EasyPost plugin can be enabled on your platform. You can also, set-up fixed pricing within Catfish and request shipping labels which will involve the incorporation of a Shipping Label API which will generate subsequent costs per parcel.
Various pricing models can consequently be chosen and are based on a 'demand' process. As a result, the more requests/demands that are made, the cheaper each consequent request becomes. EasyPost will further have the capacity to manage your delivery costs and/or shipping labels; with both operating independently.
You are able to select from three differing journeys regarding EasyPost and it's set-up:
1) If you are using the EasyPost shipping plugin to provide shipping labels, though require another delivery plugin to handle pricing of the carriers/services, the necessary mapping would need to be carried out via the MIS Plugin in order to ensure that the selection a user will create, is propagated across to another delivery method. This will subsequently notify the carrier of the service that is being used; generating the correct shipping label.
2) You are able to use the EasyPost shipping plugin to provide both Shipping labels AND to generate delivery pricing. Should this be the method you wish to choose, you will need to access the following link: https://www.easypost.com/plans/rating-api.html and ensure that you have credits set-up for the Rating API.
3) Additionally, you will be able to use all functionality (receiving both live pricing from EasyPost and shipping labels) however this will incur a charge, in which you will be required to contact Infigo and this option can be further explored.
Due to there being both an EasyPost shipping plugin and an EasyPost MIS plugin, clients have the option to only enable the EasyPost MIS option within Catfish, if you do not wish to receive live pricing and would incorporate additional computations such as: Shipping by custom script/Shipping by weight.
1) Navigate to 'Catfish' >Other > MIS > MIS Settings and select Easypost from the list of MIS Plugins.
2) Navigate to Configuration > Delivery > Delivery Rate Computation and select 'Edit' and enable 'EasyPost'. Selecting 'Configure' will allow you to insert the necessary details to set-up EasyPost on your storefront.
3) The below image depicts the configuration fields for 'EasyPost'. Both the API and Production API key can be retrieved from your EasyPost account. The Production API key, is utilised, specifically, to obtain the list of carriers.
3.1) Navigating to the following section of EasyPost, will allow for additional shipping fees to be entered:
Per parcel - results in a fee being applied to individual parcels within an order.
Per order - results in a fee being applied to the total of an order.
3.2) The following screen-capture details the general settings for EasyPost. The 'Is Buy Shipping Instantly', when enabled, marks a shipment as 'bought' when in the checkout process. As a result, the order is passed through EasyPost and to the carrier. This setting is utilised only by the MIS plugin.
It is essential, that this setting is only enabled, if you are capable of both production and dispatch in the same day.
The carriers and services mapping concerns the available list that can be generated, displaying the list of carriers that are available to use, direct from the Production API key. Any values that are entered, will be comma separated.
In order to add additional carriers/services to EasyPost, the following steps must be taken:
- Access your EasyPost account and select the 'arrow' icon on the left of the screen (below your username) and select 'Carrier Accounts'.
- The below screen-capture depicts the resulting screen which includes current carrier accounts assigned to your EasyPost account (if applicable) as well as the full list of carriers supported by EasyPost. To add a carrier, simply search or select your desired carrier and this will open a pop-up window.
For the purposes of this example, FedEx has been selected. You would then be required to insert the credentials from your FedEx account and select 'Create'. This will subsequently add the carrier to your EasyPost account. Repeat as many times as needed, to add your desired carriers to your EasyPost account, ensuring that you have accounts with the carriers in question.
3.3) The below screen-capture depicts the fields which require the vendor's details. These details will prominently act as the warehouse location in which carriers will load the products that have been subsequently ordered.
3.4) The following fields are primarily concerned with the properties of parcels themselves and subsequent processes in which they are involved. The 'Auto Parcel Size Calculation' auto calculates the size of parcels depending on the maximum parcel weight and length configured in the two fields below this setting.
The 'Parcel Allocation level' allows for configuration on three tiers:
- Order - When the 'Is Auto Parcel Size Calculation' is enabled,the parcels will be calculated, based on the sum of all dimensions and the sum of all weights. Further factors taken into consideration are the Max Parcel Weight/Length values.
- OrderLine - When auto parcel calculation – same logic as above will apply, the only difference is that this is going to be done for each order line. When auto parcel calculation is disabled – same logic as above, but predefined parcels will be repeated for each order line.
- OrderLineQuantity - When auto parcel calculation – parcels will be auto calculated for each unit in the order. When auto parcel calculation disabled – predefined parcels will be duplicated for each unit in the order.
3.5) The below screen-capture serves to depict the Hot-folder fields and the ID's therein. You are able to create additional/dedicated hot-folders in which to place the documentation (Labels/Packaging Slip/Job Ticket). Dedicated hot folders will subsequently display in the list.
Furthermore, the same ID can be inserted into all three fields if you wish the documentation to be in the same location. You may also be aware of, or in fact using, the 'Copy Additional Items to Hot-folder' under 'Order Settings' will in fact be an independent process, as both the Job-ticket and Packaging Slip will be sent out) however will require configuration via the EasyPost shipping plugin.
4) Following the entering of your details into the EasyPost configuration, save all changes and set the 'EasyPost' Delivery Computation to 'Active'. Dependent on the method you have chosen, on the User Journey, the following two steps are not required if you are using only the MIS Plugin to receive only Shipping Labels.
5) Ensure that the address that is used for the billing and shipping address is valid, as the EasyPost options will not display should there be an inconsistency with the aforementioned addresses.
If you have followed the above stages correctly, you will now receive the 'EasyPost' delivery options upon checkout - with the options displayed, alternating due to different addresses (Billing/Shipping) being selected.