This article aims to both define and highlight the third-party integration of EasyPost which is designed to handle shipping rates, methods and labels. EasyPost is a purchasable module which can be integrated into Catfish. For pricing on the module, please contact: Sales@infigosoftware.com.
Please follow the link below in order to sign-up to EasyPost:
The link posted above will allow you to create your own account, manage your carriers and allow you to obtain the API credentials required to communicate between Catfish and EasyPost. The initial set-up time can be reduced significantly (providing you have all the necessary details at hand from the carriers themselves) and results in a negligible set-up cost.
Various pricing models can consequently be chosen and are based on a 'demand' process. As a result, the more requests/demands that are made, the cheaper each consequent request becomes. EasyPost will further have the capacity to manage your delivery costs and/or shipping labels; with both operating independently. An example of this would be using the EasyPost Plugin to retrieve the rates from respective carrier accounts however, failing to request labels if they are are deemed as not required. The use of the Rates API will, likewise, be required and involve subscription to the following link below:
However an alternative option would be to undergo fixed pricing within Catfish, and request shipping labels from EasyPost following the placing of an order. This process will further require the involvement of the Shipping Label API which will generate the cost of 1¢ per parcel. A third option can further be instigated which features live pricing from EasyPost and shipping labels, following an order being placed. Both APIs will be used in this instance and charges from both will likewise occur.
This can be negotiated through ourselves and a further third-party.
Carrier Support Capacity
EasyPost is capable of supporting a vast number of carriers, however it is known that not all carriers support both shipping labels and live pricing.
Listed below are the six primary carriers that will be offered to you as well as what the service will/will not support:
|Carrier||Services||Live Support Pricing||Tracking|
|Royal Mail (Dispatch Manager Online||Y||Y||N|
Below is a detailed outline of services each carrier provides:
DHL do not offer live-rates, however, they will provide a rate chart which can be forwarded to EasyPost themselves, and they will assist in configuring the chart on your account.
DPS - US
DPS - UK
To view a complete list of both supported carriers and services, please select the following link: https://www.easypost.com/carriers.html
The EasyPost Plugin within Catfish operates as a Shipping Plugin and as an MIS Plugin. The EasyPost shipping plugin would be used in the instance of providing shipping labels though utilising further delivery plugins, to handle the pricing of the carriers/services. These would need to be mapped via the MIS plugin in order to pull through the correct shipping label for the correct carrier. Likewise, when used solely as an MIS plugin, you would not receive live prices though would be able to incorporate prices from further delivery computations (for instance, Shipping by weight). The two can operate independently, however they possess the same configuration page. To enable the plugin, you will need to navigate to Catfish > Other > MIS Settings and enable EasyPost Plugin both under the plugin list and to handle delivery. Subsequently, the EasyPost plugin can work in tandem with the EasyPost shipping plugin, though can also support further plugins of: Shipping by custom script and Shipping by weight.
Configuration Field Description
Below are listed the configuration fields which require user data as well as a description of said fields in order to better understand their function:
- Api Key – 99% of the requests are done using this key (Order creation, rates,….).
- Production Api Key – Just one request is done with this Api key. It is used to get the list of active carriers from EasyPost.
- Additional Shipping Fee Per Parcel – This fee (in Primary Store Currency) will be added to each Parcel that is created for the order.
- Additional Shipping Fee Per Order – This fee (in Primary Store Currency) will be added to the Order totals.
- All Vendor’s … configurations are used to set the toAddress for Easy Post shipment orders. It is basically the details for the warehouse from where the products are sent.
- Verbose Logging – at the moment when enabled this will create an Information log entry with EasyPost Shipment Order details every time the Shipment/Mis plugin will create an EasyPost Shipment Order.
- Is Auto Parcel Size Calculation – When this is enabled then Parcels are auto calculated depending on the maximum parcel weight and length configured (Max Package/Parcel weight and Max Package/Parcel length).
- Is Buy Shipping Instantly – Used only by the MIS plugin. When true, during checkout the MIS plugin will try to create an EasyPost Shipment Order and it will create an order only if it has all necessary details: ExternalId of the shipping method is valid (should be something like: EasyPost____[CarierName]__[ServiceName]), or Order ShippingMethodCode is valid (should be something like: EasyPost____[CarierName]__[ServiceName]).
If the order was created using an EasyPost shipping method, then we will have an EasyPost order Id (having that that means we have all the parcels, addresses …) and what remains is just to buy the Order with the Selected Rate.
If the order was created using something else (Custom Script shipping plugins – is setting Catfish Order’s ShippingMethodCode – we can put that as “EasyPost____[CarrierName]__[ServiceName]”, Other Shipping Plugin – We have to use the correct MisExternalId – should be valid format) then it will try to create an order with Auto calculated or predefined parcels(depending on “Is Auto Parcel Size Calculation” setting).
When false – it does nothing, no easypost order. Then an administrator has to go to SPO, and use “Show tracking information” popup to create the shipment.
- Label (Paperwork) HotFolderId – Used to upload the shipping labels.
- Carriers and Services Mapping – will display a list of carriers that are available for the Production Api Key. Services will be a list of comma-separated values. Example: Priority;Priority2.
- Parcels Allocation Level – can be configured at 3 levels: Order, OrderLine, OrderLineParcel.
- Order – Parcels will be used at Order level.
- When auto parcel calculation – the Parcels will be calculated based on the sum of all dimensions and the sum of all weights. Will take into consideration the Max parcel weight and length.
- When auto parcel calculation is disabled – Parcels will be the ones defined in configuration page.
- OrderLine – Parcels will be used at Order Line Level.
- When auto parcel calculation – same logic as above will apply, the only difference is that this is going to be done for each order line.
- When auto parcel calculation is disabled – same logic as above, but predefined parcels will be repeated for each order line.
- OrderLineQuantity – Parcels will be used at Order Line Quantity level.
- When auto parcel calculation – parcels will be autocalculated for each unit in the order.
- When auto parcel calculation disabled – predefined parcels will be duplicated for each unit in the order.
- Order – Parcels will be used at Order level.
- Packaging Slip hot folder – Packaging slip will be uploaded to this hot folder if the setting is not empty
- Job Ticket hot folder – Job ticket will be uploaded to this hotfolder if the setting is not empty