Categories are created to group a list of products which have similar attributes.
For example: Business Cards, Letterheads and Compliment Slips Calendars can be added under a single category called Stationery.
To add a new category,
1. On the Catfish administration page, navigate to Catalog->Categories->List or Tree View.
The Manage Categories page is displayed.
2. Click on Add new.
The Add a new category page is displayed.
Each category information can be classified into:
- Category Info
3. Enter the following details:
The Category Info tab helps you add the basic information for your category.
- Name - Enter a name for the category.
- Description - Enter the category description. You can use the format bar to change the font, color, and other properties for the description.
- Category Template - Choose a category template from the drop-down menu. This template helps you display the categories in a professional manner.
- Picture - You can also add a picture for your category.
- Parent Category - Select the parent category (if any). If selected, this category will be added as a sub-category to the parent category.
- Price Ranges - Enter a price range for the category.
- Show on home page - Select if you want to show this category on homepage or not
- Published - By default, this option is always selected. Uncheck the option if you do not want to publish this category on your website.
- Display order - Enter the display order for the category.
The SEO tab helps you add information to make this category SEO friendly.
- Meta keywords - Enter the keywords for this category.
- Meta description - Enter a description.
- Meta title - Give an SEO title for this category.
- Search engine friendly page name - Give a friendly name for the category.
- Allow customer to select page size - By default, this option is selected. Uncheck this option if you do not want the customer to re-size the pages.
||For more on adding products, see How to add a new Product.
||For more information on adding discounts, see How to add Discount Information.
4. Ensure that the details entered are correct.
5. Click Save.
The category will be added and listed. For example: