CatfishSync is a Windows based service which polls your Catfish Platform and downloads any print ready jobs to hotfolders.
It is a two way service that identifies files have successfully reached their destination on your internal network, and automatically updates the status of the order in Shared Print Operations
CatfishSync can also upload files to the Infigo system.
To Install Catfish Sync, firstly you must create an API token for your Catfish Platform.
- Log in using your Platform Administrator account.
- Choose the storefront you wish to manage.
- Select Configuration > API Tokens
- Click Add New in the top right.
- Give your token a name and save.
NOTE: Storefront owners can have multiple API Tokens depending on their needs. For example; if they generate an API Token on the platform level, printer can access all the outputs created by Catfish, alternatively, it is also possible to have different API Token per storefront if printers are different.
You will now see a string of letters and numbers. Copy this value to your clipboard.
- Download Catfish Sync
- Run the installer you have downloaded from above. Note, this is a Windows ONLY installer
- Paste your newly created API Token into the Catfish API Key field (shown below)
- Enter the full site URL of your platform (using HTTP only)
- Clicking Next allows the installer to search your platform for available print locations.
- Select the Print Location relevant to you and complete the install.
- Set your Download folder to the directory you require your jobs to be copied into.
Please note; basic installation is recommended for users, please contact Support for the guided installation of Advanced configurations (For use with: Upload Group, Batch CSV Group and Local Sync)
The Catfish Sync service does not start automatically. To Start the service,
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services
Locate the Catfish Sync Service in the list, and start the service.
New jobs will begin to appear in your local Download location (for example C:\CatfishSyncDownload)
How To Fault Find CatfishSync Issues
How do I check if files are uploading successfully?
There is currently no UI to manage files uploaded via CatfishSync, however there are a couple of ways you can see what has been uploaded.
- Check the CatfishSyncUpload Error folder, by default this is C:\CatfishSyncUpload and will contain any PDF's that CatfishSync has been unable to upload.
- Check the local CatfishSync error log C:\Program Files (x86)\ISL\Catfish Sync\catfishsync.log, again this will detail any files that have errored.
If the above are reporting no errors then files have been successfully uploaded.
How do I check the CatfishSync error log
- Check the local CatfishSync error log C:\Program Files (x86)\ISL\Catfish Sync\catfishsync.log, this will detail any errors CatfishSync has reported.
How do I find my configuration file
- Check the same directory as for the log file; C:\Program Files (x86)\ISL\Catfish Sync\CatfishSync.exe.config
How do I check which Hotfolders jobs are dropping into
- Go to Shared Print Operations and find the job/s you are searching for, open the entry and check the 'Print Location/Hotfolders section to see where it currently is and manually copy to another hotfolder if necessary