Catfish allows you to customise most text labels and content within each storefront.
Find the Language Strings
Login as an administrator to the storefront that has content that requires adjustment. Be sure that you are in the correct storefront.
Choose Configuration -> Languages
Click the View String Resources link to access all entries in this language pack.
The whole storefront is driven by the content of the English language pack.
To Find String and Edit follow these steps
- Use the filter button at the top of the Value column. Contains is the easiest filter but there are others. Search for content you have found on the storefront you wish to change.
- Applying the filter will return all instances of the search term.
- Use the RESOURCE NAME column to identify if this value is the correct instance (the resource name normally contains page names that the value appears on, and a little more info)
- Click Edit, and adjust the VALUE column ONLY. Save the changes you make.
- These changes should appear instantly on the site.
Example Change Basket to Cart
Step 1: Contains basket on Value column click filter
Step 2: Results
Step 3: Edit Each
Change Baskets to Carts click Update. Do NOT change Resource Name, see important notes below.
Hiding a Language String
You can hide a language string by changing the Value to it is advised that you document the resource name of the string you are hiding in the event you wish for it to no longer be hidden.
NB Do not change the RESOURCE NAME. This column is a system function and will stop your site loading correctly.
NB Payment services can be renamed but must be added specifically (otherwise they will use their default) walk-through can be found here